VPS stands for Virtual Private Server – virtual personal server. VPS is one of the most popular hosting services. You can use it as the foundation for your website. It uses virtualization technology to create separate resources on the server for you to use to separate that resource from sharing with other users of the same physical server.
How does VPS hosting work?
A server is a computer that contains the necessary files and databases for your website. Whenever a user wants to access a website, their browser sends a request to the server and it transfers the necessary files over the internet to their computer. VPS hosting is a solution that helps you create a server that acts similar to a physical server. This machine is part of a physical server but has its resources divided from that machine.
This is made possible by virtualization technology. The hosting provider installs a virtualization layer on top of the server’s operating system (OS). This class will divide the server into different parts. Allows users to install their OS or own software.
Therefore, it is bundled as VPS personal virtual server. Because it is used exclusively / personally with virtualization technology to give you full control like a normal computer. It is completely separate from other VPS in the same physical computer. The VPS technology is like creating separate partitions on your personal computer. When you want to run more than one operating system without having to reboot.
Running VPS helps your website to be contained in a secure partition that is allocated fixed resources. You don’t have to share it with other users. With VPS hosting, you get the same root access as when you rent a private server
Advantages and disadvantages of VPS
There are several benefits to upgrading to VPS hosting rather than dedicated hosting. Include:
– VPS Hosting is less expensive and more expensive. You are customized so that you pay only for what you need. Hence you can focus on savings on business values that you cannot waste.
– VPS Hosting usually receives extensive support when you need help and it is completely free. Hosting providers often provide additional support to their customers.
– Each user has deep access to their VPS space system and ensures a better data storage environment than hosting.
As your business and website traffic grows, you will be able to scale VPS hosting accordingly.
Besides the great advantages, VPS hosting also has certain limitations.
– The cost of VPS hosting may be higher than shared hosting. Though it offers more flexibility. But it only comes in handy when you need it and knows how to use it.
Sometimes, the webserver doesn’t share the right server resource. And can cause problems if your website starts using peak memory. However, this influence is not much.
– If you are a small and medium business. You don’t want to spend too much money on a dedicated server. Then VPS hosting is a great option that you need to consider. As long as you have chosen the right quality hosting provider for yourself.